Thursday, January 23, 2014

A plethora of African photos

Hi everyone!!

As many of you know I just returned from a 3 month trip to Africa. I was attending a missions school in Mozambique. The school was "Harvest School of Missions", it's with Heidi and Rolland Baker's Ministry.

Since one of the purposes of this blog was to inform you of all things Africa and I didn't update while I was there, I decided to put together some of my favorite moments. Now, since I was there for 3 months, I made lots of friends, had many favorite memories, I love taking photos, and this blog is entitled "A plethora (plethora meaning: a large or excessive amount of) of African photos" there will be a many photos.

I love you guys, thank you so much for everyone that loved and supported me. I defiantly felt prayed for and surrounded by love! You all mean so much more to me than you'll ever know. And to all my Harvest Schoolers, I love you guys. Thank you for being amazing and sharing this journey of your life with me!

So great ready for an excessive amount of photos!












I had the top bunk. :)

Our closet for 6 girls

Our last house meeting. :) 


My gorgeous house mates. 
Welcome to House 1!



Now that you've seen my house, let's head to the student hut and see what happens in class:


Empty school hut:

Full school hut:


What would life be without announcements?
Or those the announce? 



Worship!



Speakers!




And getting wrecked!







Praying for capulanas:



Praying for each other:






Critters!


And one of my favorite moments;
washing feet:






All in all,
I loved class





So now you've seen class, time for church!




9am ish :)













Well you've seen my house, class, and church. So what do we do in our down time?
Here goes:


We go to the beach!



And have picnics!


We climb trees!






We eat!!!








Ride in the back of trucks!!






We get dressed up and go to a wedding!







Enjoy the prayer hut :)




Celebrate birthdays!






And we just act cray cray!!





















Watchin movies!



Dancing!



Singin Christmas carols!


Ridin horses!



Oh and how do we do everyday chores in Africa?
;)

Go to the bathroom:



Take showers:



Get water:

Either at the well:


Or a truck that comes into the student compound:




Wash clothes:


Shave our legs:


Take naps:


While all of these things do make us close, one thing that made us the closest and pulled us together was the night that it flooded. Here are some pictures of everyone working together and being a family!










Now that you've seen what we do in our down time, how we come together, and love on each other, I want to show you some pictures of what love looks like in the villages of Africa!


























 



Thank you so much for checking out my pictures and sharing these moments with me. I love you guys!! I hope you enjoyed my plethora of African photos. And to end the pictures here are some pictures of gorgeous Mozambique!
































2 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! Love all of the pictures and I love you! Miss you dear friend and can't wait to see you again. :) thanks so much for the great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! I love you too! I'm glad you enjoyed them. I miss you and we should get together soon!

      Delete